- To provide a beneficial, on-site, classroom-oriented educational experience for Christian home schooling families.
- To aid in the development of Christian socialization skills through friendships, broader exposure to others, various programs with public presentation, relating positively, etc.
- Membership is open to any Christian family (one married man and woman, or a single parent) with at least one child of school age that can commit to meeting the Guidelines and supporting the “Statement of Faith.” Cut-off date for membership is April 7th. No member will be admitted after the cut-off date. As of the 2014-2015 school year, classes are limited to 15 students. We have a waiting list for families if classes have reached capacity.
- Be committed to come to our regular bi-monthly meetings & field trips unless ill or out of town. If you are ill or have an unexpected conflict, please call one of the co-leaders and your classroom chairman for that semester prior to the scheduled class/event. If you are responsible for any portion of the class you are going to miss, make arrangements to pass on lesson plans, craft, snack, etc. to one of your co-teachers to carry out for you on that day.
- If you are unable to make it to a scheduled meeting, your children need to stay home with you as well.
- You are expected to meet with each of your teaching teams during the summer to plan your unit study topics for the upcoming year.
- You are required to attend each meeting and remain on-site whether you are teaching that particular semester or not. We may need your help in a classroom or in the nursery.
- You are required to teach, help plan, and prepare your assigned area of study.
- Help your children demonstrate responsible Christian behavior. Take them aside and speak to them if their behavior is inappropriate to the situation. Children are to respect their teachers and all in authority. All children are to be in their designated areas and under direct supervision of an adult. No children are to wander freely through the building or be unsupervised at any time.
- Arrive by 8:45 a.m. to prepare your classroom and get settled so your family is ready for Prelude and announcements at 9 a.m.
- Strive to produce unity in the group. Remember we need to encourage and support others.
- Be faithful and prompt in payments of fees and other occasional fees such as field trips, etc. Under no circumstances can GHE provide change, so exact payment is required.
- Internet access is required so you can be diligent in using e-mail and our website to keep up with current events in the group.
- Assist your child with any home assignments, seeing that they are completed on time and to the best of his/her ability.
- Assist your child in his/her preparation for the Spring Review. Provide refreshments when asked.
- Assist in building set-up and help return it to church set-up when the meeting is over. Sweep, vacuum, and wipe down tables at the end of your class time, if needed.
- Dress appropriately for field trips. Please remember that we are representing homeschoolers and most importantly, Jesus Christ.
- Members are required to pay for any damages to New Hope Church property made by themselves or their children.
- Renewal of membership is not automatic. Each family will be evaluated as to how they are fulfilling the organization’s guidelines.
- If membership is terminated because of failure to comply with the organization’s guidelines, request for re-admittance will be dealt with on an individual basis by the Board.